1/25/2011

Meh...should I get Twitter?...and other crap

Sorry to my loyal following of readers (all 3 of you) for the lack of posts. I'm sure you've read most of the things I would post in here on facebook anyways. Which reminds me, facebook has this new option to merge texts, chats and emails into one thing- never used it, don't know how it would work or if I even have the need for it.

Also reminds me that I've considered starting a twitter account, but I'm not sure why I would or should. I'd probably subscribe/follow some friends' accounts and see if there's any gamblers through Covers who use it, but I'm not in any hurry to get one just yet. That twitter crap with the Bears game and everyone and their dog having an opinion on Jay Cutler is pathetic at best and just shows the worst aspects of social media and society merging together. I'm not sure if I'm ready to handle another virtual social outlet where I'm encountering dumbasses or dumbass comments/updates on a daily basis. And yes, I'm sure I'm guilty of this a lot- but my goal with facebook, as with my life in general, is to laugh and entertain.

Anyone have any thoughts on this shit? Is twitter a waste of your time in the same way facebook is? I waste so much time on computers (and now my phone) looking at facebook and seeing what people are eating and when they are brushing their teeth and taking a crap (now if you're doing all three at once, that's something I'd like to know about).

And gambling- I won't be doing as much of that now that football is done. But I am leaning toward the Super Bowl going to Green Bay and possibly betting them and/or the over of the game. I hate the wait for the game, but even worse, I hate the feeling I get after the game when there's no more meaningful football till September (and maybe longer in 2011).

1 comment:

  1. undercover smothers brotherJanuary 28, 2011 at 4:41 PM

    As I sit on the porcelain throne eating a chimichanga, while brushing my teeth, and also having intermittent smoke breaks I got to thinking. More updates are certainly the way to go, screw twitter. Here is my idea. Set an amount of money, say 100 hypothetical dollars. Post daily bets, (straights, parlays, and if wins). Let's see how well you do. All hypothetical money, but have it tracked. Should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete