9/29/2010

Florida- America's Wang

Name me one thing that you can like or respect about the state of Florida:

Old people? No thanks.

Hurricanes? Let me know when they hit the old people, and we'll talk.

Miami Heat? I'll have you wait on My Decision in primetime TV and have Jim Gray ask me a bunch of pointless questions.

And the worst thing about Florida: The Tampa Bay Rays.

Wait, aren't the Rays contending for their 2nd AL East crown in 3 years? Why yes they are. But much like a  tree's sound in a soulless forest, a division crown cannot be celebrated by an empty stadium. Just over 17,000 people went to see the Rays clinch their 2nd ever playoff berth (which in itself is 5,000 less people than they've been averaging). Granted, that wasn't an actual picture of their stadium, but it might as well have been. Everyone uses the economy excuse, so quit yer whining Tampa. I've heard their stadium sucks, which would hold some merit for not going if the team itself actually sucked. If they can't support a winning sports team, then it's not a state I want to associate with. Plus, it has the distinction of voting a Bush into office. Do you need any more reason to hate the state?

The equation is simple. Florida = Sucks. Never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment