3/28/2013

Fit Happens Chapter 6: Participant Profile 2 (Hippo)

Looking to take the belt of Fit Happens Champion
As you may have read in Chapter 5, we are nearing the halfway point of the contest. In that chapter, you read about Chris, who shared his goals and challenges in the contest so far.

Next on the profile docket is Hippo, who is close on my tail as far as the overall percentage lost is concerned. To his credit, he started losing weight outside of the contest in December, so all things considered, he's lost the most weight of all of us the past four months.

He shares some of the same goals and concerns as Chris, as we see in the latest edition of Fit Happens, Participant Profiles.


1.       What made you decide to do Fit Happens?

I have been overweight my whole life, and as the years pass by it becomes more and more difficult to lose weight. I basically came to the conclusion that if I didn't get healthy now, I never will.


 2.       What were your goals to come out of this?

I want to be "healthy". No matter how many pounds it takes me to lose, or how much time it takes, I want to be able to walk into my doctor's office and have them tell me I am healthy. 


3.       What changes have you made to your daily habits during the contest?
First and foremost I am eating a more "normal" amount of food. In addition to that I am eating more fruit and less extremely bad foods. I am also exercising a few times a week. Most importantly I am trying to break my obsession with stuffing myself.


4.       Have you ran into any difficulties during this contest? If so, how have you overcome them or trying to overcome them?
It's definitely been hard, but it gets easier every day. Getting through the first few weeks and getting to the point where I could eat less was definitely the biggest challenge. Staying motivated has also been an issue. After the initial rush of losing a bunch of weight wore off, it's hard to keep it going day in and day out.


5.       When the contest is over, do you think it will be hard to keep up this level of intense workout and/or diet?
It will be hard for a long time. I don't plan on stopping when the contest ends because I won't be at my goal. But once I get there I won't be confident that I can keep it up for a while.


6.       Entering the second half of the contest, what are your goals for the next three months? Have you had to adjust them as time has passed?
No new goals. Just keep up the same routine, keep losing weight and trending in the right direction.


7.       What do you expect your final weigh-in to be?
Originally I wanted to drop around 30, but I am already there, so I have moved my target to 50 pounds. But as long as I am still moving in the right direction I will be happy.


8.       In your honest opinion, who do you think is going to win the contest?
Honestly, my money would not have been on B-Bo, but he has absolutely dominated so far. Chris was at a massive disadvantage since he already worked out so much. And while he is definitely in the best shape now, and will be when it's over, I think it will be tough for him to lose too much more. Even if he doesn't win, he will have still accomplished a lot. Dave doesn't seem to care enough at this point, and even though he is behind if he wanted to he could easily catch up. I like my own chances at this point, but B-Bo has gone the extra mile so far, and he is the favorite at this point. Ask me again in a month though.

No comments:

Post a Comment