5/02/2013

Chapter 11 Fit Happens: The B-Bo Dynasty?

Rule of thumb: if you ever have the opportunity to refer to yourself in the third person, make sure you are doing so in the context of success.

With that being said, B-Bo feels pretty confident in his ability to speak in the third person vernacular for this particular blog - the eleventh chapter of Fit Happens.

The final weigh in was earlier on Wednesday, and while B-Bo was not delighted to see his bid for a third victorious month in the contest (out of four) fail when Williams posted his weigh in for April, he was still quite satisfied with his second place finish for the month, which accompanies his second-place finish in February. Here are the results from the month, followed by the overall results through 120 days:

Userlbs%
Dave0.6 lbs0.22 %
Hippo-1.4 lbs-0.64 %
LionEsquire-5.6 lbs-2.51 %
B-Bo Knows Weight Loss-3.6 lbs-1.73 %




Userlbs%
Dave-15.8 lbs-5.47 %
Hippo-28.8 lbs-11.66 %
LionEsquire-26.4 lbs-10.82 %
B-Bo Knows Weight Loss-30.8 lbs-13.07 %


As expected, this month was the lowest amount of weight loss and weight loss percentage for a winner of a month. Each month has been more difficult for the contestants to lose weight. Note the totals below for monthly breakdown in weight loss:

B-Bo Hippo Chris Magic Bus
Jan 1 - Feb 1 -13 -11.4 -13.2 -11.8
Feb 1 - Mar 1 -7 -8.8 -5.4 -4.2
Mar 1 - Apr 1 -7.2 -7.2 -2.2 -0.4
Apr 1 - May 1 -3.6 -1.4 -5.6 0.6
May 1 - June 1
June 1 - July 1
-30.8 -28.8 -26.4 -15.8



So what will be different this month? What will be the next step in B-Bo's dominance? Some thoughts:


  1. Nike+ - I just got this app on my Android, which tracks my distance, time, path, and calories burned for each run I do. I plan on using it just for outdoor runs. I believe it will get me to run outside more in preparation for the Warrior Dash that I am doing in June. Also, with this being my last month in the South Loop, I need to take advantage of the nice running area by Grant Park and the Lakeside.
  2. Weights - I will be trying to incorporate weights (not free weights, but more machines and dumbbells) into my workout. This should help me shed weight at a slightly faster clip.
  3. Shakes - Jen just bought us a blender that we plan on putting to good use. I just finished my first shake that had strawberries, bananas and oats, among other things. I believe having these shakes on a regular basis in lieu of some of the junk I may eat will help my diet out. (Just noticed that items 2 and 3 can be rearranged to become Shake Weight)
  4. Outdoor Sports? - I hope to play an outdoor sport of some sort on a somewhat regular basis (basketball, softball, whatever). Perhaps joining a league is an option.
  5. Below 200 - The above items, as well as the continued intensity of workout that I've been doing throughout the months, will hopefully help dip my weight to below 200 pounds. It would signal me reaching my contest goal a month ahead of time and would be a major accomplishment for me as I look to continue my healthy journey.
  6. Uncle B-Bo - I am looking to reach the Below 200 goal before I become an uncle. Whether I have a niece or a nephew, I would love to be under 200 pounds for his or her entire life. With my sister-in-law due in about three weeks, I may not achieve this goal, but I'll do my best to get there.

That about wraps 'er up for Chapter 11. Hope you enjoyed this latest edition. I will return either later this month or at the beginning of June to share my latest adventures and hopefully another winning month.

Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment